How to Choose the Right Bathroom Paint
The bathroom is a room in your house that you definitely want to get the paint job done right. Choosing the right paint is so important because…
- It is one of the most well-used rooms in the house (pun intended)
- Due to it’s high humidity and temperature changes, using the wrong paint could be a disaster
- Choosing the wrong colors could cause the room you want to feel clean and bright to look dull and dingy
- Painting your bathroom is an investment in money, but often times a greater investment in time due to all the detail work that is necessary
Choosing the paint with the right finish…
When choosing paint finishes, you have a few choices:
- Gloss – while a very durable choice, but it will show all the flaws in your wall.
- Semi-Gloss – which is highly recommended because it’s easy to clean, great for repelling moisture, it’s long lasting and stands up to the cleaning that’s necessary in a bathroom, and there are kinds that are especially designed to stand up against mold and mildew.
- Satin – while not as glossy as semi-gloss, it still has a sheen to the finish, which makes it a popular choice for bathrooms and will also stand up to being cleaned frequently.
- Eggshell – has a lightly matted look with a low sheen to its finish. Most eggshell is not designed to stand up against mold and mildew, so it’s important to find a brand designed specifically for bathrooms.
- Flat or Matte– typically it’s harder to keep looking clean and fresh due to the fact that over time it will fade or possibly discolor. It is also not intended to repel moisture, which gives way to mold and mildew, so it’s necessary to apply a sealer coat.
**Just a tip: by using a self priming paint, you may be able save the time that it takes to give your room a 2nd coat.
Choosing the right colors:
If you’re having a hard time choosing the right color combinations for your desired affect, sometimes is easier to get an idea if you can see some examples. Here’s a video with some very nice combinations that might help inspire you.
In the meantime, if you’re ready to paint your bathroom and you’d like a professional job done without any effort or cleanup on your part…
Call Claffey’s for a free estimate – (425) 888-3634
Claffey’s Painting is a full service painting contractor serving Western Washington, Chelan, Douglas and Kittitas Counties. We have painted over 7000 homes and would enjoy the opportunity to help paint yours. We can guide you through all the decision making processes so you get the right paint for the right job, and the professional job you’re looking for.