Green Access Suncadia
Universal Green Design Demonstration Home
Claffey’s Painting is a proud sponsor of the Green Access Home at Suncadia.
Claffey’s Painting is a proud sponsor of the
Green Access Home at Suncadia.
The Green Access Home at Suncadia, a Sustainable Preserve in the Pines is a showcase Built Green demonstration project is a 2,000 square foot family contemporary mountain cabin taking full advantage of the abundant sunshine and views. This home features full universal accessibility and is designed to be enjoyed by friends and family, with entertaining centered on cooking, visiting, and outdoor activities. The house is in-touch with nature, blurring the lines between indoors and outdoors; and emphasizes affordable and cost-effective sustainability that has been seamlessly integrated into the design.
Some of the Key Green Attributes:
- Deep green integrated with universal design
- Focus on affordability
- Small one-story home utilizing local, salvaged, durable and non-toxic materials, passive solar plus green energy systems and technologies
- Limited site disturbance, pervious pavers and native landscaping
- Ultra-low VOC levels including environmentally friendly paints, caulki
- Energy efficient insulation, windows and heating system
- Energy Star appliances
ng and sealants for all indoor components of the home